[UNDER CONTRACT] 2014 Bondway 80 Houseboat for Sale SGD995k SG
Including Corporate Membership at the Luxury One Degree 15 Marina Club
- System Units Imperial - US
- Vessel Class House Boat
- Vessel Name OHANA
- Make or Brand Bondway
- Model EX - II 80 ft
- Length 80 ft
- Beam 24 ft
- Draft 6.25 ft
- Year of Manufacture 2014
- New or Pre Owned Pre Owned Item
- Build Material or Hull Type Fiberglass
- Fuel Type Diesel
- Location Singapore
- Item # 634850
- Qty Available 1
We had amazing times on our boat - as a family new to boat-life, we discovered that living in a marina is like living in a small town. We very quickly became part of the community, with our children playing chess with the neighbours on their boat and the daily greeting of crews and other boaters while we walk to drop off the kids for the bus to school Thanks to the fact our boat has a massive fly-bridge with a BBQ, we very quickly got into the habit of having Saturday afternoon BBQ's - sometimes just with our family, often with friends and at times we entertained business relations. The uniqueness of the setting proved very conducive for relaxation and joy.
At times we'd do movie night on the flybridge - a 10 sqm white sheet spanning the width of the boat & a projector casting the video, enjoying under the cover of night. Our kids would sometimes take cushions outside to the front of the boat, hang out there watching the passers-by and engaging in conversation. We'd play hide-n-seek, something that works surprisingly well as there's many nooks and crannies where one can hide. As the Marina has a dive-school, we also decided to get our PADI-certs. We regularly interact with the people that frequent the diving school, even today. The Marina always has lots of life - there's coming and going of groups of happy people, often there's music and laughter. And yet, even though it is busy enough, when we want peace and quiet we just recede into the boat & we have all solitude we may want.
The view from the study is just amazing - while working just casting a glance outside gives you peace - greenery, other boats, people walking. Quiet. With the kayak that comes with the boat, we have often taken one of our dogs out for a trip through the Marina. Our kids enjoyed the swimming classes at One15Marina club & were always very much integrated with the community around the Marina, inviting their friends over to our boat. Kids' parties we had frequently - all the friends of our kids loved coming over and staying on a boat. As there's plenty of space, we sometimes hosted birthday parties where 6 kids slept over, played all night and had a ball.
We have the opportunity to move to another country & as such will sell our dearly beloved houseboat which was so amazing through COVID times.
The boat will be available for viewing in One Degree 15 Marina, Singapore during the Open House/Viewing Events on or between these dates:
- January 13, 2023 (3:00 to 6:00 p.m.)
- January 14, 2023 (10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
- February 25, 2023 (3:00 to 6:00 p.m.)
- February 26, 2023 (3:00 to 6:00 p.m.)
- March 4, 2023 (3:00 to 6:00 p.m.)
- March 5, 2023 (3:00 to 6:00 p.m.)
To schedule a viewing please click here
- Year Built: 2014
- Make: Bondway
- Model: EX - II 80 ft
- Hull Material: Fiberglass
- Length: 80 ft
- Beam: 24 ft
- Draft: 6.25 ft
- Registration No.: SZ20383A
- Total Cabins: 4
- Total Berths: 4
- Cabin 1: Double
- Cabin 2: Double
- Cabin 3: Single
- Cabin 4: Single
- Bathrooms/Heads: 4
- 3 large common areas & kitchen + flybridge
Propulsion & Tankage
- Engine/s: Nissan 387 kw
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Cruising Speed: 13 kn
- Fuel Tanks: 2x 1,000 L Steel
- Fresh Water Tanks: 2x 1,000 L GRP
- Engine has not run for years & water tanks not actively in use. Always berthed
- TV Set
- Shore Power Inlet
- Washing Machine
- Microwave Oven
- Electric Head
- Deep Freezer
- Battery Charger
- Electric Bilge Pump
- Air Conditioning
- Hot Water
- Swim Platform
- Cockpit Cover
- Life Jackets
- Fire Extinguisher
- Last atnifouling - August 2021
(1) haul out
(2) high pressure blasting of underwater hull to fibreglass structure
(3) touch up with epoxy putty
(4) 5 coats of copper coat
(6) Checking & replacement of all through-hull ball-valves
(7) chemical cleaning engine room & bilges
(8) replacement of all three-way ball-valves for the black-water system
(9) Addition of ballast in the steering-compartment (1.5tonnes of steel bricks)
(10) resurfacing of fly bridge (epoxy + anti-skid)
(11) Painting of metal frame in engine room using anti-corrosion paint
--> SGD 90,000 for items 1-->11
(12) replacement of aircon in study (in + outside unit)
--> SGD 1,200
(13) Resurfacing of swim-deck, replacement of hatches and resurfacing of entrance with natural teak
(14) Replacement of rear hatches
--> SGD 22,000
(15) Application of 3M heat-reflecting foil on main deck to improve temperature control
--> SGD 3,200
(16) Removal of degraded surface & resurfacing of cockpit with fibreglass & epoxy + anti-skid pain finish
--> SGD 5,000
(17) Overhaul of roof on top-deck (patch-up, new epoxy-fibreglass cover, 2-part Alex-Seal primer + 2 coats of paint)
--> SGD 45,000
(18) Replacement Zinc Anode
(19) Placement of drain system under hatches dive platform
(20) Replacement of bilge pumps (Rule, 2000 gph)
--> SGD 2,000
(21) Replacement of two-door & drawer American-style Fridge-Freezer
--> SGD 4,300
(22) Installation of EnGenius WiFi Extender, including cable truss & Internal WiFi Setup
(23) Revamp of Master Bedroom - sanding down of all walls, repainting, replacement of curtains & refresh of all shelves
(24) Replacement of all window blinds & curtains in all cabins
(25) Refurbishment of port cabin bathroom (including replacement of head, reflooring, new casing and paint with epoxy paint)
(26) New mattress in Master
(27) Resurface floor in the helper bath
Total investment value of about SGD 200,000, since August 2021
Work To Be Completed
- Winch not operational
- Steering not operational
- Engine not operational
- Ongoing - minor paint repairs
The Essential Guide to Buying a Houseboat in Singapore
Living on a houseboat has become a popular trend in Singapore, offering an escape from the hustle and bustle of city life while still keeping you close to modern conveniences. If you're interested in taking the plunge into this unique lifestyle, we have all the information you need on how to buy a houseboat in Singapore.
Understand Houseboat Regulations and Restrictions.
Prior to beginning your houseboat hunt, it's important to be aware of the regulations and restrictions in place for purchasing and using a houseboat in Singapore. You must hold a valid pleasure craft licence to operate a boat, not to own a houseboat. So can you purchase and liveaboard without requiring a licence. Abide by local maritime laws, obtain the necessary permits and approvals before you buy your houseboat as many marinas do not allow houseboats.
Research Houseboats for Sale in Singapore.
When it comes to buying a houseboat in Singapore, there are a few options available. The first step is to do your research and scour online listings for boats that meet your requirements and budget. Doing this in advance can give you an idea of the types of boat that are available, the going prices, the terms and conditions of the sale including registration fees and tax rates, as well as features like insurance packages or loan repayment plans, if available.
Inspect Your Choice of Boat Closely.
Take the time to inspect your choice of boat closely. Do a thorough check of all the areas that can’t be seen from outside, such as the hull, engine and machinery. Be wary of any signs of rusting or corrosion, and check for leaks in all windows and hatches. Ask questions about what is included in the sale and if there are any accessories that need to be purchased. Finally, make sure you have read through all relevant documentation thoroughly before signing a contract and taking over ownership of the houseboat.
Secure Financing for the Purchase.
Unless you are paying for the houseboat entirely upfront, you will need to secure financing from a bank. However, do note that in Sinapore boat financing is limited to only a handful of lenders. But,don’t be afraid to shop around and get quotes from several banks—you may find one with better terms than others. It’s a good idea to have your finances in order before applying for a loan, since loan providers will assess your financial situation prior to agreeing on the loan amount and conditions.
Soundproofing and Stabilizing Considerations.
When you’re buying a houseboat or especially a liveaboard, it’s crucial to make sure that the boat has soundproofing as well as stabilizing features. Some houseboats can be noisy depending upon their construction, so having soundproofing will help keep the noise down and make it easier to enjoy whatever activities you’re doing on board. Similarly, if your houseboat is going to be docked in one location for awhile, then stabilizing features, like anti-roll or anti- pitching systems, will ensure it remains stable and in good condition.
Discover what makes houseboat life in Singapore so special and find out exactly how to buy one with our essential guides. See more at https://basco.asia/blog/